Monday 1 September 2008

The Greek Mezze

On a whim, Phil and I decided to try out The Greek Mezze on Gouger Street for lunch today. We have always walked past but never ventured inside. I'm happy we did though, their lunch menu was a good deal, a change from all the asian food at central markets (although I do love asian food!) I only had my phone camera with me so these slightly blurry photos will have to do, but the food was really delicious.

I chose the Gemista that consisted of fresh peppers stuffed with meat, herds, rice and tomato, baked and served with tzatziki dipping sauce. 


And Phil had the vegetarian burger (I've now forgotten their fancy name for it). Sundried tomato relish/paste on a yummy soft bread with fresh salad and the zucchini veg patties on top. 

I was also temped to try their chargrill octopus but that will have to wait till next time...

Check them out at http://www.thegreekmezze.com.au/index.html


No comments: